Telephones customers and prospective customers to promote products and services and obtain sales or arrange sales visits.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- works from a script and list of contacts to promote the organisation's products or services by telephone
- creates interest in the product or service, and seeks closure of a sale or agreement to see a sales representative
- arranges processing and despatch of products, information kits or brochures to clients or interested contacts
- arranges appointments for sales representatives
- records changes to contact details and notes for follow-up action
- updates marketing database with changes and status of each customer or prospect
- reports competitor activities or other issues raised by contacts for attention by managers
- maintains statistics of calls made and successes achieved
- submits periodic reports on telemarketing activities and results