UNIT GROUP 3393 TRANSPORT COMPANY MANAGERS
TRANSPORT COMPANY MANAGERS organise and control the operations of a business which provides transport vehicles and transports goods.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- organising the purchase and maintenance of transport vehicles, equipment and fuel
- liaising with clients to determine requirements
- receiving orders and bookings and planning and implementing transportation schedules
- ensuring goods are stored and transported in conditions which will maintain their quality
- arranging collection and delivery of vehicles and goods
- introducing and maintaining quality control procedures