MINOR GROUP 832 PACKERS AND PRODUCT ASSEMBLERS
PACKERS AND PRODUCT ASSEMBLERS wrap and place items into containers and seal containers in preparation for despatch to customers, and assemble components and subassemblies of products.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- filling and packing products into containers
- labelling and wrapping finished products
- monitoring weight and quantity of products
- locating, positioning and securing components on workbenches
- assembling and securing components in sequence
- assembling parts, deburring and finishing items and fitting hardware