UNIT GROUP 8211 SALES ASSISTANTS
SALES ASSISTANTS sell stock such as food, clothing, hardware, household appliances, office supplies and cosmetics in retail or wholesale establishments.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- selling food, drink, clothing, footwear and other personal and household goods and services
- advising customers on the selection, price, delivery, use and care of goods and services
- operating cash registers, accepting payments and preparing sales invoices
- stacking and displaying items for sale and wrapping and packing goods sold
- checking stock and participating in stocktakes