Manages the educational operation and administration of a primary or secondary school.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years relevant experience. Registration or licensing is required.
- manages the educational, administrative and financial affairs of schools
- develops management and policy approaches within broad governmental guidelines in conjunction with the school council
- implements systems and procedures to monitor school performance and student enrolments, the receipt of fees and the collection and storage of information required for reporting purposes
- supervises the maintenance of school facilities to provide a safe working environment for staff and students
- promotes the educational program of the school through the development of publicity material and contact with appropriate organisations including school councils
- manages arrangements for internal examinations
- enforces a disciplinary code
- represents the school at community and administrative meetings
- organises and implements methods of raising additional funds in conjunction with parent groups
- manages staff recruitment and training
- may perform teaching tasks