UNIT GROUP 7991 MOTOR VEHICLE PARTS AND ACCESSORIES FITTERS
MOTOR VEHICLE PARTS AND ACCESSORIES FITTERS fit and replace accessories on motor vehicles using specialised machines and equipment.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- removing old or damaged parts and cleaning surrounding areas on vehicles
- inspecting and repairing muffler mountings, refitting new mufflers, extractors and exhaust pipes
- operating air driven equipment to remove and refit tyres and tubes for vehicles, motor cycles and other mobile plant
- repairing punctures in tubes or tubeless tyres
- balancing wheels and tyres using static or electronic equipment
- removing damaged glass, trim strips and rubber seals from window frames or mountings on motor vehicles or mobile plant
- positioning new windscreens or glass windows on frames and attaching and sealing them