UNIT GROUP 8312 USHERS, PORTERS AND RELATED WORKERS
USHERS, PORTERS AND RELATED WORKERS welcome patrons, collect tickets and usher patrons to their seats at entertainment, sporting or recreational venues, or assist guests by carrying luggage and attending to their needs.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- preparing venues for patrons and setting up merchandising displays
- checking and collecting patrons' tickets or admission passes, ushering to seats and assisting patrons with special needs
- dealing with latecomers according to company policies and procedures
- monitoring behaviour during performances and responding to, and controlling potentially disruptive behaviour
- distributing passes to patrons leaving at intervals or temporarily during performances
- checking premises after performances, collecting lost property, turning off lights and locking up