APRIL KEY FIGURES
March 2016 to April 2016
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
APRIL KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in April 2016. This follows a rise of 0.2% in March 2016 and a rise of 0.2% in February 2016.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.2% in April 2016. This follows a rise of 0.4% in March 2016 and a rise of 0.1% in February 2016.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.4% in April 2016 compared with April 2015.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in April 2016: Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.8%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.3%), Household goods retailing (0.2%) and Other retailing (0.2%). Food retailing (0.0%) was relatively unchanged. Department stores (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in April 2016.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in April 2016: New South Wales (0.3%), Victoria (0.2%), South Australia (0.3%), Western Australia (0.1%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.5%) and Tasmania (0.4%). Queensland (0.0%) and the Northern Territory (0.0%) were relatively unchanged in trend terms in April 2016.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|May 2016 ||5 July 2016|
|June 2016 ||4 August 2016|
|July 2016 ||1 September 2016|
|August 2016 ||5 October 2016|
|September 2016 ||4 November 2016|
|October 2016 ||2 December 2016|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the April 2016 reference month and updated consumer sales estimates for the March 2016 quarter.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.