9918-11 Electrical or Telecommunications Trades Assistant
Assists electrical and telecommunications tradespersons to install and maintain electrical and telecommunications systems, usually working under close supervision.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- transports, packs, unpacks and sets up tools and equipment
- performs manual tasks such as earthmoving, vegetation trimming, and concreting
- erects barricades and protective coverings at work sites
- lays out wiring, conduits and other installations
- installs and tests less complex devices such as electrical meters and time clocks, single point telephones and accessories
- may operate plant and vehicles