UNIT GROUP 9215 WOOD PRODUCTS FACTORY HANDS
WOOD PRODUCTS FACTORY HANDS perform routine tasks in sawmills, timber yards, wood processing and timber products factories, and pulp and paper mills.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- sorting and stacking timber during milling
- placing timber for processing at machine and unloading cut timber from tail end of machine
- placing logs or wood billets on equipment such as lathes or conveyors for processing into veneer, wood chip or pulp
- loading materials such as woodchip and pulp for further processing
- cleaning work areas, tools and equipment