5912-11 Credit and Loans Officer
Analyses and evaluates loan or credit applications.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- assesses credit ratings and investment risks against pre-determined policy standards
- authorises the approval of loan or credit applications or recommends loan or credit conditions and limits
- contacts financial and credit institutions to obtain information about customers
- obtains and analyses information about clients
- maintains records and prepares reports on findings and on defaulting customers
- supplies information to financial and credit institutions on customers' credit standing
- may recommend or approve and arrange mortgages