4623-01 Head Gardener
Supervises and coordinates the activities of workers engaged in the cultivation and maintenance of gardens.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification and at least 3 years relevant experience.
- organises and allocates work and assesses task performance
- monitors, reviews and reports on changing conditions to management
- implements and monitors purchasing plans
- provides on-the-job training
- plans establishment of new areas and develops environmental management strategies
- conducts site analyses and designs soil profiles
- plans planting and maintenance programs
- trials species, treatments and applications
- develops plant health, weed, pest and disease control programs