UNIT GROUP 2324 REGISTERED MIDWIVES
REGISTERED MIDWIVES provide care and advice to women during pregnancy, labour and birth, and provide postnatal care for women and babies.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- providing advice and support to women during pre-conception, antenatal and postnatal periods
- providing care and management of pregnancy and birth
- assessing progress and recognising warning signs of abnormal or potentially abnormal pregnancies requiring referral to a medical practitioner
- monitoring the condition of the woman and foetus during pregnancy and throughout labour
- conducting health education classes and seminars to promote the health of mothers and infants