REVIEW OF THE PRODUCER AND INTERNATIONAL TRADE PRICE INDEXES
The ABS has introduced a number of changes as a result of the Review of the Producer and International Trade Price Indexes. These changes were announced in the Information Paper: Implementation of the Review of the Producer and International Trade Price Indexes, 2012 (cat. no. 6427.0.55.005), published by the ABS on 28 September 2012. These changes are:
- the introduction of the Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification (ANZSIC), 2006 (cat. no. 1292.0) for the Stage of Production (SOP) indexes. Appendix 1 of this publication contains correspondences between the old (ANZSIC 1993) and new (ANZSIC 2006) SOP series currently released in this publication, as well as details of the SOP series that have been discontinued and new series;
- the re-weighting of the suite of producer price indexes - new weighting patterns are available electronically from the downloads tab of this publication. These are published in the Information Paper: Producer Price Indexes Weighting Patterns, 2012 (cat. no. 6427.0.55.006) and are also available electronically on the ABS website in Tables 32-36 of the downloads tab of this issue. The weighting pattern for Division N - Administrative and support services has been updated to show corrected weights at the Subdivision level;
- changes to index titles and table numbering;
- re-referencing - all index numbers are now calculated on a new index reference period of 2011-12 = 100.0. Period-to-period percentage changes may differ slightly to those previously published due to rounding and the re-referencing. These differences do not constitute a revision. Appendix 2 of this publication contains examples of the calculations required to convert time series from previous index reference periods to the new 2011-12 = 100.0 index reference period (and vice versa). Conversion factors are available from the ABS website in Table 31 of the downloads tab of this issue; and
- the publication of new series: ANZSIC 2006 Group 440 - Accommodation (series ID: A4406608F) and ANZSIC 2006 Group 451 - Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (series ID: A4406633J), both within Table 20 - Output of the Accommodation and food services industries; and ANZSIC 2006 Group 697 - Veterinary services (series ID: A4406512L) within Table 24 - Output of the Professional, scientific and technical services industries.