UNIT GROUP 8296 SERVICE STATION ATTENDANTS
SERVICE STATION ATTENDANTS sell fuel, lubricants and other automotive accessories, and perform minor maintenance on motor vehicles at service stations. Service Station Console Operators are excluded from this unit group. They are included in
Unit Group 8291 Checkout Operators and Cashiers.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- filling fuel tanks or containers to level specified by customer
- checking and replenishing engine oil, tyre pressure and water levels in radiators and batteries
- collecting payments from customers for purchases
- undertaking stock control and preparing reports on fuel, oil, accessories and other items sold
- replenishing stock of fast foods, newspapers, magazines and grocery items
- cleaning petrol pumps and surrounding driveway, shop and facilities