UNIT GROUP 7913 STRUCTURAL STEEL CONSTRUCTION WORKERS
STRUCTURAL STEEL CONSTRUCTION WORKERS erect scaffolding, position and secure steel reinforcing in concrete forms, erect and dismantle steel structural frames and assemble rigging gear to move and position machinery and structural components.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- fitting together tubes, support braces and components to form bases for scaffolds
- fitting and bolting pipes and tubes together to build up scaffolding
- determining size, shape, quantity and location of concrete reinforcing metal according to drawings or verbal instructions
- measuring, cutting, bending and fitting welded wire mesh into concrete areas to be mesh-reinforced
- fixing mesh and reinforcing steel into position in formwork for concrete pours
- setting up winches, cranes and rigging equipment to raise and position girders, plates, columns and other steel units
- erecting lifting tackles by attaching pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures, and installing cables and attaching counterweights
- attaching slinging gear to hoisting equipment and objects to be moved, using clamps, hooks, bolts and knots