6193-13 Employment Office Clerk
Interviews applicants to determine their job requirements and suitability for employment.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- interviews job seekers and applicants, and records relevant information
- evaluates information to determine applicants' suitability for referral to vacancies
- supplies information to applicants about job vacancies, company and union policies, tasks, responsibilities, working conditions, hours and pay, and promotional opportunities
- refers applicants to prospective employers
- prepares permanent records of interviews with both successful and unsuccessful applicants
- discusses recruitment policies with superiors to ensure the effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programs
- observes jobs to obtain information about job requirements
- discusses job requirements with employers and prepares selection criteria
- organises advertising, interviewing and selection processes