7111-23 Paving Plant Operator
Operates machines to spread and level hot bituminous paving materials or lay concrete on areas such as highways, streets and parking areas.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. Registration or licensing is required.
- adjusts screeds to paving widths
- operates machine controls to advance spreaders
- drives machines, observes distribution of paving material and operates controls to maintain thickness of paving
- signals truck drivers to position vehicles for dumping loads
- cleans, services and maintains machines
- may regulate temperature of material flowing from hoppers