6194-23 Water Inspector
Monitors the allocation and use of water from water resources such as streams, rivers and underground water.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- receives applications for licences to use water
- assesses applications relating to the demands already on water resources and the nature of proposals such as size of pump to be used and acreage and type of crop to be irrigated
- investigates hydrological records to determine ability of water resources to meet new requirements
- conducts site inspections
- maintains records and prepares reports covering factors relating to licences
- participates in advisory board meetings
- investigates complaints concerning flooding, construction of unauthorised work or obstructions to water courses, and the need for stock route water facilities
- administers regulations relating to the licensing of water use and artesian and sub-artesian bores
- prepares and presents evidence in courts relating to appeals against the issue or the refusal of issue of licences, or prosecutions for breaches of acts
- supervises the removal of sand and gravel from water courses and the work of drilling contractors involved with bore construction and reconditioning
Stream Control Officer