Erects and dismantles scaffolding to provide work platforms on building or industrial sites, or for temporary structures such as stages and seating.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. Registration or licensing may be required.
- loads and unloads scaffolding and equipment
- sets levels for erection of scaffolds
- selects scaffolding
- fits together tubes, support braces and components to form bases for scaffolds
- lifts and positions sections of scaffolding
- fits and bolts pipes and tubes together to build up scaffolding
- places planks over horizontal bars to create platforms
- verifies levels in scaffolding structures
- dismantles scaffolding