6194-21 Train Examiner
Inspects rolling stock in railway yards, terminals or stations to ensure adherence to safety standards and operational rules and regulations.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- conducts visual checks of the mechanical, structural, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems of railway wagons, carriages and locomotives for condition and correct classification
- directs the removal of defective wagons and carriages from service for repair
- inspects handling and servicing of wagons containing perishable or dangerous freight to ensure adherence to regulations
- expedites the return to service of wagons or carriages carrying freight or passengers
- checks areas for empty foreign wagons and authorises movement
- reviews siding reports for correct compilation and submission
- prepares reports on handling of wagons, carriages and perishable freight
- may perform minor fault diagnosis and component exchange