UNIT GROUP 4431 PLUMBERS
PLUMBERS install, maintain and repair pipes, drains, cladding, mechanical services and related equipment for water supply, gas, drainage, sewage, heating and cooling and other systems.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- excavating for below ground sewage and drainage systems
- measuring, cutting, and assembling pipes
- assembling and installing pipelines, connecting pipes to various components, equipment and appliances
- installing gas appliances, flues and pressure regulating devices
- fabricating and installing metal gutters, downpipes and other rainwater products
- fabricating, assembling or installing equipment for mechanical services and airconditioning