6395-11 Beauty Therapist
Provides skin analysis, facial therapies, skin-care treatments and bodywork, including massage.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- analyses client needs and skin characteristics and advises on suitable skin care, treatments and application of make-up
- performs facial and body treatments and massages
- applies general cosmetic and corrective make-up
- teaches make-up application to clients
- performs eyebrow shaping and eyebrow and eyelash tinting, and applies false eyelashes
- performs manicures and pedicures including decorative nail art, application of artificial nails, nail repair, and other specialised hand and foot treatments
- treats superfluous hair through waxing, bleaching, tinting, depilation and electrolysis
- carries out cellulite treatment and muscle toning
- uses specialised electrical and electronic equipment for certain types of treatments
- evaluates beauty therapy processes and products
Electrologist (Hair Remover)