4411-11 Carpenter and Joiner
Constructs and installs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, or wallboard and cuts, shapes and fits timber parts to form structures and fittings.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- studies drawings and specifications to determine materials required, dimensions and installation procedures
- orders and selects timbers and materials, and prepares layouts
- cuts materials, and assembles or nails cut and shaped parts
- erects framework and roof framing, lays sub-flooring and floorboards and verifies trueness of structures
- nails fascia panels, sheathes roofs and fits exterior wall cladding, door and window frames
- assembles prepared wood to form structures and fittings ready to install
- cuts wood joints
- may construct concrete formwork
- may repair existing fittings
- may work with plastic laminates, perspex or metals