MINOR GROUP 342 ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS TRADES WORKERS
ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS TRADES WORKERS assemble, install, test and repair electronic systems and equipment, electrical distribution and telecommunications networks, airconditioning and refrigeration equipment, business machines and telecommunications equipment, and transmit and receive radio messages.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- examining blueprints, wiring diagrams and specifications to determine job requirements
- testing for, locating, diagnosing and repairing electrical malfunctions
- cutting and connecting wiring and cables
- installing and maintaining airconditioning and refrigeration equipment, and connecting electrical systems and appliances to power supplies
- installing conductors, aerial and underground cables, and equipment associated with electrical supply
- installing, modifying, maintaining, adjusting and repairing business machines, radio and television receivers, audio and visual reproduction equipment, and electronic instruments and control systems
- transmitting and receiving radio messages
- installing, maintaining and repairing telecommunications and voice and data transmission equipment and appliances
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram