2536-13 Director (Film, Television, Radio or Stage)
Interprets and approves selection of scripts, and directs and instructs cast and crew in the filming or performance of productions.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. This occupation requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- oversights creative aspects of film, television, radio or stage productions
- consults with Media Producer about aims of production content and detail and commercial considerations
- confers with other specialists to develop script, costumes and scenery designs, choreography, sound and lighting effects, and filming techniques
- explains parts to cast and articulates desired interpretation and meaning
- schedules and directs rehearsals
- coordinates the activities of production and technical staff
- supervises editing and final mix