UNIT GROUP 2125 ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS
ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS design, develop and supervise the manufacture, installation, operation and maintenance of electrical systems for the generation, distribution, utilisation and control of electric power or electronic systems used for computer systems, communication systems and other industrial applications.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- planning and designing the manufacture and installation of electric power equipment and facilities
- determining the type and arrangement of circuits, transformers, circuit-breakers, transmission lines and other equipment
- developing products such as electric motors, components, equipment and appliances
- interpreting specifications, drawings, standards and regulations relating to electric power equipment and use
- designing electronic components, circuits and systems used for computer, communication and control systems, and other industrial applications
- designing software, especially embedded software, to be used within such systems
- developing apparatus and procedures to test electronic components, circuits and systems
- supervising installation and commissioning of computer, communications and control systems, and ensuring proper control and protection methods