3993-29 Sports Development Officer
Promotes sports and skills development, and oversees the participation of young people in sport.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience. Registration or licensing is required.
- promotes sports and skills development, and oversees the participation of young people in sport
- provides administrative and organisational support to schools or clubs
- advises teachers and coaches, conducts coaching clinics and training camps, and disseminates information and materials from parent sporting bodies
- develops training exercises to enhance skills
- may act as coach of individuals or teams in representative competitions
- may act as a talent scout for clubs within parent sporting bodies
- may schedule competitions and allocate venues
- may be responsible for the maintenance of sports grounds, courts and venues