UNIT GROUP 7298 PHOTOGRAPHIC DEVELOPERS AND PRINTERS
PHOTOGRAPHIC DEVELOPERS AND PRINTERS develops photographic film and makes prints using fully automatic machines or by separate processes.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- preparing exposed film for different processing batches in dark rooms or dark chambers
- adjusting settings and running automatic developing machines
- inspecting developed negatives, and adjusting settings on print-making machines to produce required number, size and type of prints
- scanning images onto electronic media
- checking and replenishing chemicals, print paper, and water supply, heating and cooling systems
- monitoring and testing photographic processors and printing equipment and maintaining operational standards