3399-23 Stock and Station Agent
Provides advice to, and acts on behalf of, clients on the sale and purchase of rural land, livestock and crops.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- purchases and sells livestock for wool production, meat production and breeding purposes for clients
- purchases and sells of land for agricultural purposes on behalf of clients
- advises clients on matters of rural land, livestock, crop and produce markets and usage
- acts as an insurance agent for rural clients
- sells agricultural produce such as seed, grains and livestock feeds
- sells crop sprays, dips, drenches and livestock veterinary requirements in accordance with statutory requirements
- liaises between farmers and government instrumentalities in the case of outbreaks of crop and livestock diseases