UNIT GROUP 4992 PERFORMING ARTS SUPPORT WORKERS
PERFORMING ARTS SUPPORT WORKERS provide technical and other assistance for the production, recording and broadcasting of artistic performances.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- operating audio equipment to record, enhance, mix and amplify sound in support of television, radio, film, video and the performing arts
- operating film projection equipment or television equipment in support of technicians recording, editing, mixing and preparing material for broadcast
- operating consoles to control radio or television broadcast transmitters
- positioning and controlling lighting equipment for stage performances or television, video or film productions
- setting up and operating cameras to photograph scenes for film, television and video productions
- ensuring availability of locations, sets, props, catering, crew and technical equipment
- assisting production managers with scheduling
- liaising with production managers regarding designing and applying appropriate make up to actors, presenters or other performing artists