UNIT GROUP 9222 PACKAGERS AND CONTAINER FILLERS
PACKAGERS AND CONTAINER FILLERS fill and seal products such as food, drinks, paints, oils and lotions and package the filled containers.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- filling paper, cardboard, foil, plastic, glass or metal containers with food, drinks, oils, lotions or other commodities and wrapping or sealing them
- monitoring the filling of containers and adjusting machines to maintain volume and seal quality
- monitoring the supply and quality of containers and contents of holding tanks
- checking the cleanliness and operation of machines, equipment and containers
- taking samples for quality control
- placing plastic envelopes over stacked packages and heating to shrink and tighten envelopes