Assesses the value of land, property, commercial equipment, merchandise, personal effects, household goods and objects of art.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- examines items and selects methods of valuation
- calculates values by considering market demand, condition of items, future trends and other factors
- submits written assessments of value
- provides consultancy advice on valuation matters
- may be required to give evidence in legal proceedings and to mediate on valuation matters
- may provide rental determinations for arbitration purposes
Plant and Machinery Valuer
Real Estate Valuer