IN THIS ISSUE
Gender Indicators, Australia (cat. no. 4125.0) is a resource for social analysis and research in gender equality. The publication currently contains 158 tables that contain a combination of key indicators, related or detailed data series, and is spread across six domains of interest:
- Economic Security
- Work and Family Balance
- Safety and Justice
- Democracy, Governance and Citizenship.
Time series data for each of these indicators is presented in a set of data cubes (excel spreadsheets) available from the Downloads tab of the publication. Brief insights which capture stories of interest per domain are included under each domain heading, with a selected 'key findings' page that gathers together some key insights from all domains.
This issue includes the following updates to time series data:
- 31 tables in the Economic Security domain have been updated with the latest available data relating to labour force, employment conditions, underutilised labour and people not in the labour force. The majority of this data has been averaged for the year July 2018 to June 2019 from the monthly Labour Force Survey (cat. no. 6202.0).
- The Education domain has had 19 tables updated with 2018 data, with the majority of the data coming from the Survey of Education and Work (cat. no. 6227.0). The updated indicators relate to the attainment of Year 12 formal qualifications at Certificate II or above, non-school qualifications, and participation and retention rates.
- The Health domain has had 13 tables updated with the latest available data, including incident rates of cancer by age group, which have been obtained from the Australian Cancer Incidence and Mortality Workbooks (All cancers combined), 2015. All tables that pull data from Causes of Death, Australia, 2018 (cat. no. 3303.0) have had two points of time series data updated 2017 & 2018.
- The Safety and Justice domain has had 10 tables updated, some with the latest available data from the Crime Victimisation, Australia (cat. no. 4530.0). Recorded crime data for both victims and offenders has been updated.
- 10 tables in the Democracy, Governance and Citizenship domain have been updated with the latest available data, including data on Justices and Judges, and nominations and recipients of the Order of Australia awards for 2019.
Time series data are presented for a maximum of 11 time points for ease of navigation. Earlier time series data is available in previous releases.