DATALAB CONDITIONS OF ACCESS
Detailed microdata files and expanded Confidentialised Unit Record Files (CURFs) are available for statistical analysis within the DataLab. Controls in the DataLab have been put in place to protect the identification of individuals and organisations. These controls include environmental protections, data de-identification and confidentialisation, access safe guards and output clearance.
The completion of the Responsible Officer Undertaking is an ABS requirement prior to any microdata access being granted. When accessing microdata via the DataLab, an Individual Undertaking and Declaration of Compliance must be agreed to and signed by each user prior to use of the DataLab. For further information see the 'Individual Undertaking and Declaration of Compliance' section of this guide. Completion of a training course provided by the ABS is a prerequisite for access to detailed microdata in the DataLab. The ABS will let you know if training is required for any other DataLab access.
As an approved DataLab user, you must:
- ensure you understand and adhere to all conditions outlined in the Individual Undertaking and the Declaration of Compliance
- comply with instructions delivered during the ABS training sessions
- outside of the DataLab, only use outputs which have been cleared by an ABS officer
- not disclose any ABS information which may enable the identification of an individual or business
- refrain from capturing on-screen information in any way during your session
- protect your DataLab log in credentials
- cooperate with any ABS audit directions with respect to DataLab usage, code and output.
This is in addition to the conditions outlined in the 'Accessing and using ABS microdata' section of this guide.