MINOR GROUP 452 SPORTS AND FITNESS WORKERS
SPORTS AND FITNESS WORKERS direct, instruct and guide individuals and groups in physical fitness and outdoor adventure activities, coach, train and instruct sporting competitors, and participate in and officiate at sporting events.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2); or
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3); or
AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2); or
NZQF Level 4 qualification, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3); or
NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- developing and designing fitness programs
- delivering group exercise classes and personal tuition in a variety of fitness activities
- organising and supervising groups involved in outdoor adventures such as bungy jumping, fishing and hunting, mountaineering, trekking and whitewater rafting
- demonstrating and providing instruction in the use of outdoor adventure equipment and techniques required for participation
- coaching, training and instructing sportspersons by analysing performances and developing abilities
- planning and directing game strategies, developing play patterns, analysing game progress and motivating players
- promoting sports and sports skills development, and overseeing the participation of young people in sport
- officiating at sporting events to enforce rules
- coordinating and directing sporting activities, and liaising with other officials to interpret and enforce rules and regulations relating to sport
- competing in and training for sporting events