MINOR GROUP 211 ARTS PROFESSIONALS
ARTS PROFESSIONALS communicate ideas, impressions and facts in a range of media to achieve particular effects, and interpret compositions such as a musical scores and scripts for performance.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1); or
In New Zealand:
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
NZQF Bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1); or
NZQF Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- conceiving and developing ideas, styles, characters, emotions and themes and translating them through artistic presentation
- reading scripts and undertaking research to gain understanding of parts, themes and characterisations
- composing music and dance routines and creating visual forms such as paintings, pictures and sculptures
- learning lines, parts, cues, dance routines and music
- performing music, dances, dramatic roles and other parts for audience entertainment
- transporting and setting up photographic equipment, and taking photographs