UNIT GROUP 5612 COURIERS AND POSTAL DELIVERERS
COURIERS AND POSTAL DELIVERERS deliver small items such as documents, messages, mail and parcels.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- sorting and sequencing items for delivery
- delivering mail, parcels, documents and other items to customers' premises and mailboxes
- receiving orders for deliveries from customers
- collecting signatures and charges for cash-on-delivery orders
- issuing and collecting receipts for pick-up and delivery items
- keeping records of items received and delivered
- maintaining walk books, directories, mail counts, equipment maintenance logs and other delivery records
- loading and unloading mail conveyances and internal mail handling equipment
- assisting with receipting inward mail, checking wrongly addressed, missorted, undelivered and redirected mail, and processing freepost and underpaid mail
561212 Postal Delivery Officer
Delivers goods, documents, messages, samples, x-rays and test results.
Skill Level: 5
Rural Mail Contractor
561212 POSTAL DELIVERY OFFICER
Delivers mail on foot, by bicycle or by motorised transport over allocated delivery rounds.
Skill Level: 5