UNIT GROUP 5512 BOOKKEEPERS
BOOKKEEPERS maintain and evaluate records of financial transactions in account books and computerised accounting systems.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 4 qualification, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- keeping financial records, and maintaining and balancing accounts using manual and computerised systems
- monitoring cash flow and lines of credit
- preparing and producing financial statements, budget and expenditure reports and analyses using account books, ledgers and accounting software packages
- preparing invoices, purchase orders and bank deposits
- reconciling accounts against monthly bank statements
- verifying recorded transactions and reporting irregularities to management
- may be required to prepare forms reporting business tax entitlements and obligations such as the amount of goods and services tax paid and collected
Maintains and evaluates records of financial transactions in account books and computerised accounting systems.
Skill Level: 3
Financial Administration Officer