NAME OF COLLECTION
National Centre for Culture and Recreation Statistics
Australian Bureau of Statistics
7th Floor East
55 Currie Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Telephone: (08) 8237 7400
Facsimile: (08) 8237 7566
This publication contains estimates of public funding of arts and cultural activities in 1999-2000 for the three levels of government in Australia.
Data are collected for :
Statistics of cultural funding are compiled from:
- funding per person
- funding by category
- State/territory funding and
- recurrent capital funding
- Annual reports and Budget Papers
- information provided by selected Commonwealth authorities (including the Australia Council)
- State and Territory Governments and
- Local Government Authorities
In relation to tourism, data are available on cultural facilities and services by major group and level of government.
Australia, States and Territories
Frequency of data availability
Some data from 1997-98 to 1999-2000 is available in the publication.
Products and services available
Cultural Funding, Australia (cat. no. 4183.0)
- Cultural funding by Major Group, level of Government and category
- Cultural Funding per person
- Recurrent and Capital funding
Special data services are available on request.