NAME OF COLLECTION
Survey of Overseas Tourism Marketing Expenditure
Manager, Tourism Statistics
Transport, Tourism & Construction section
Australian Bureau of Statistics
PO Box 10
BELCONNEN ACT 2616
Telephone: Canberra (02) 6252 6348
Facsimile: Canberra (02) 6252 8513
To provide estimates of total expenditure on marketing Australian tourism products overseas.
A mail-out questionnaire is sent to Australian businesses undertaking tourism-related marketing operations overseas.
Frequency of data availability
Data are available for 1992-93,1994-95 and 1996-97
Products and services available
Overseas Tourism Marketing Expenditure,Australia (cat. no. 8691.0)
Special data services available upon request.
- total expenditure on marketing Australian tourism products overseas;
- the proportion of this expenditure in various overseas market regions;
- the proportion of expenditure which was:
- independent expenditure;
- co-operative expenditure with the Australian Tourism Commission (ATC);
- co-operative expenditure with other organisations;
- qualitative information on effectiveness of expenditure;
- whether or not the business was in receipt of (or expected to receive) a grant under the Export Market Development Grant Scheme and the perceived effectiveness of such grants;.
- changes in the overall level of overseas marketing over time;
- the effect of increased marketing expenditure by the ATC on the level of the respondent's own marketing expenditure;
- full-time and part-time employment in Australia and full-time employment overseas; and
- number and language skills of tour guides and tour co-ordinators employed by the respondent's business.