Recreation Services, Australia (cat. no. 8688.0)
The Recreation collection was undertaken in response to need for financial information about the sport, recreation and gambling industries.
Seven sport, recreation and gambling industries and two hospitality industries (see scope below) were included in the one collection because of the degree to which their activities overlap eg sports businesses with gambling facilities.
The collection was a survey of employing businesses in the Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification (ANZSIC) class 9330 Other Recreational Services.
The publication contains the following tables at the Australia level:
The tables contain data at the Australia level with one state table showing:
- sources of income (including a breakdown by source of funds including the three levels of government funding, admission takings, subscriptions/fees, sponsors and advertising)
- items of expenditure
- characteristics of employment (including a detailed breakdown of employment data (full-time /part-time, male/female)
- seasonal pattern of employment
- selected statistics by employment size groupings
- selected performance ratios
- number of businesses
- wages and salaries
- gross income
New South Wales
FREQUENCY OF DATA AVAILABILITY
This survey has only been conducted once in respect of 1994-95.
ASSOCIATED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
For information on other related products and services visit the Product Information page.
Return to Cultural and Recreational Services Industry