Business impacts of COVID-19 include differences in revenue, sources of additional funding or support, and changes in operating conditions.
- Two thirds of businesses report a decrease in revenue compared to last year.
- Almost 1 in 3 of those businesses report revenue decreased by 50% or more.
- 87% of Education and training businesses report decreased income, as do 84% of Accommodation and food services businesses; 80% of Information, media and telecommunications businesses; 78% of Arts and recreation services businesses; and 78% of Administrative and support services businesses.
- 3 in 4 businesses continue to trade with modifications. 65% introduced new hygiene practices, 57% limited the number of people on site for social distancing, and 46% made workforce changes such as working from home or reduced staffing.
- 3 in 5 businesses sought advice about operating in COVID-19 conditions. Commonly sought advice includes: available government support measures (52%); regulation and compliance (45%); health and safety (39%); and management of business finances (32%).