In 2006, when compared with Indigenous employees, self-employed Indigenous people were:
- four times more likely to be working in the Construction industry (26% compared with 6%);
- more likely to be managers (18% compared with 5%);
- if male, more likely to work full-time (76% compared with 68%);
- if female, equally as likely to work full-time (51% compared with 49%);
- if male, having higher median weekly income ($802 compared with $715);
- if female, having lower median weekly income ($582 compared with $687); and
- more likely to have attained a Certificate III or higher degree (45% compared with 29%).