|Page tools: Print Page Print All|
WHAT CAN THE ABS PRODUCE?
• Energy account: includes physical and monetary supply and use tables for various energy products by industry. A time series of energy intensity measures by industry is also presented.
• Land account: pilot region includes physical and monetary land use by industry, land cover by industry and changes in land cover over time. Land accounts could also include terrestrial biodiversity and carbon.
• EPE account: proposed to include environment protection expenditure data by type of protection (e.g. waste water treatment), by industries and sectors.
• Waste account: proposed to include physical generation and disposal of waste by industry, type of waste, and destination. Also to include monetary payments associated with these services.
• Environment Industry account: The ‘environment industry’ (also known as the green economy or environmental goods and services sector), consists of enterprises which produce goods and services to measure, prevent, limit, minimise or correct environmental damage. Along with EPE measures, these accounts attempt to capture the supply and demand of the ‘environment market’.
Other types of accounts, such as those for emissions and material flows, as well as the classification and valuation of natural resource assets will be addressed in a research agenda.
Table 1: Summary of planned ABS environmental-economic accounts
These documents will be presented in a new window.