This publication presents information about the Australian Health Survey conducted by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) in 2011-12. Specifically it contains information about the Australian Health Survey product that presents microdata from the National Nutrition and Physical Activity Survey (NNPAS), 2011-12 component of the Australian Health Survey in the form of a TableBuilder dataset, a basic confidentialised unit record file (CURF) and an expanded CURF. The microdata include detailed information on both the Nutrition and Physical Activity components, as well as biomedical information from the National Health Measures Survey (NHMS) of the AHS for NNPAS respondents who agreed to participate.
The aim of this publication is to assist users of the microdata to better understand both the nature of the survey and its potential shortcomings in meeting their data needs. A list of output data items currently available for the TableBuilder and the CURFs can be found on the Downloads tab of this publication.
Information about the design and conduct of the Australian Health Survey in general is also presented.
The following microdata products are currently available from this survey:
- TableBuilder is an online tool for creating tables and graphs and can be accessed via the ABS website.
- Basic CURF allows approved users access in the user's own environment (via a CD-ROM), as well as via the Remote Access Data Laboratory(RADL) and the DataLab.
- Expanded CURF allows approved users access via the RADL and the DataLab.
To apply for access to microdata products, follow the instructions via the Microdata Entry Page.
Information on additional products can be found on the Release Schedule page in Australian Health Survey: Users' Guide, 2011-13 (cat. no. 4363.0.55.001).
Further information about the survey and the microdata products can be found in this product:
- detailed lists of data items for the TableBuilder and the CURFs are available on the Downloads tab
- information on how to use these products can be found on the Summary tab
- the Quality Declaration can be found on the Explanatory Notes tab
- other related products can be found on the Related Information tab.
For support in the use of the microdata products, please contact Microdata Access Strategies on 02 6252 7714 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATA AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Data obtained in the survey but not presented in the microdata may be available from the ABS, on request, as statistics in tabulated form.