NAME OF COLLECTION
New Capital Expenditure, Survey of
New Capital Expenditure and Mineral and Petroleum Exploration Section
Australian Bureau of Statistics
GPO Box 796
SYDNEY NSW 1041
Telephone: Sydney 02 9268 4357
Facsimile: Sydney 02 9268 4101
Web site: <www.abs.gov.au>
This survey aims to measure the value of actual and expected new capital expenditure by private businesses in Australia.
The series have been compiled from data collected in a quarterly sample survey of private businesses, including businesses in the mining industry. In the March quarter 2002 survey, approximately 7,000 business units were surveyed.
Private households and public sector businesses (i.e. all departments, authorities and other organisations owned or controlled by the commonwealth government, state or local governments) are outside the scope of the survey.
Data are collected by mail questionnaire.
Main Data Detail
Some of the data items available about the mining industry are:
Australia. Some data are available by state and territory.
- actual private new capital expenditure on buildings and structures;
- expected private new capital expenditure on buildings and structures;
- actual private new capital expenditure on equipment, plant and machinery;
- expected private new capital expenditure on equipment, plant and machinery;
- total actual private new capital expenditure (current prices and chain volume measures);
- total expected private new capital expenditure;
- actual private new capital expenditure by state; and
- expected private new capital expenditure by state (only collected in the December quarter).
Frequency of data availability
Most data are available quarterly.
Quarters ended 31 March, 30 June, 30 September and 31 December.
Data are available from 1987.
Products and services
Examples of information available
- Some data are available at the Australian Bureau of Statistics web site at <www.abs.gov.au>.
- Special data services are available on request.
MINING INDUSTRY PRIVATE NEW CAPITAL EXPENDITURE, Current Prices: Original