The following supporting material is available from the Downloads tab with this release of the Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS) Remoteness Areas Structure:
- Digital boundaries for the regions described in this publication - formats include ESRI Shape files, Mapinfo Interchange Format files, Mapinfo TAB files and Open Geospatial Consortium GeoPackage files.
- ABS Geospatial Web Services User Guide
- Codes, labels and hierarchies for all the regions described in this publication in '.csv' format.
- Geographic correspondence files in '.xls' format that allow users to convert data to 2016 Remoteness Areas and understand changes from the 2011 edition. These include:
- 2011 Remoteness Areas to 2016 Remoteness Areas
- 2017 Postcode to 2016 Remoteness areas
- 2017 Locality to 2016 Remoteness Areas
- Map of the 2016 Remoteness Area
- Online mapping tool to view and compare the ASGS regions, ABS Maps
The 2016 edition of the ASGS has been released progressively since July 2016. Other than updates to Non ABS Structures, this is the final publication in the 2016 edition of the ASGS. Other ASGS publications including the supporting material such as digital boundaries, codes and labels, and geographic correspondences are available from the ABS website at https://www.abs.gov.au/geography