UNIT GROUP 1311 MIXED CROP AND LIVESTOCK FARMERS
MIXED CROP AND LIVESTOCK FARMERS plan, direct, coordinate and perform farming operations to breed and raise livestock and to grow crops.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- breeding and raising livestock for the production of meat, wool, skins, milk or eggs and growing grain, seed crops, vegetables, fruit, or nuts
- monitoring and maintaining the health of stock, providing pasture and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels and selecting and purchasing seed for planting
- directing and overseeing general farming activities such as fertilising, pest and weed control and maintaining farm buildings, fences, equipment and water supply systems
- managing business capital, maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- selecting, training and supervising staff and contractors