2422-11 Vocational Education Teacher
Teaches one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at a TAFE or other training institute to students for vocational education and training purposes.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or a post-graduate diploma in adult education. In some instances relevant industry and vocational education experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- teaches students through the presentation of lesson materials, discussions, workshop and laboratory sessions and the use of audio-visual aids and other classroom resources
- prepares, administers and marks activities to assess students' competencies
- provides feedback and maintains records of students' progress
- liaises with industry to keep up to date with current practice
- advises students on courses and related matters
- consults with Librarians, Student Counsellors, Education Managers and other support staff
- may be involved in curriculum development and the preparation of teaching resources
Adult Education Teacher
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram